Make breakfast the easiest meal of the day with these 2 Ingredient Egg Muffins — full of protein and fiber to keep you full all morning long!
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free, Soy Free, Grain Free
I spent this past weekend celebrating my bachelorette party (and surprise bridal shower), right here in NYC, and had SO. MUCH. FUN! My sister-in-law, besties, and mom planned such a “Chelsey” weekend, and I was absolutely blown away by their attention to detail! Going into the weekend, all I knew was to show up at 11am on Saturday morning, in workout clothes, and bring a small suitcase with several outfit changes (I was given a more detailed packing list). After that, I knew NOTHING!
I may not be the best at surprises (shocker type A personality over here), but I figured it was only 36 hours, so I could handle it! And I’m SO glad I didn’t know anything going into it!
I knew I would be exhausted when I came back home on Sunday, so I prepped ahead and had Fresh Direct (not sponsored) deliver groceries that afternoon. And the first thing I planned on making? These 2 Ingredient Egg Muffins.
Because one surprise I never like is waking up on Monday without a delicious breakfast planned!
Even though the research is still out, I personally think breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It sets the tone for the remainder of your day.
I like to start my day with a protein and fiber-packed breakfast before work because it helps me….
- Stay full for most of the morning,
- Stabilize blood sugar to prevent any energy crashes,
- Prevent chronic diseases like heart disease and diabetes,
- Repair muscles after a morning workout,
- Keep me (ahem) regular,
- Provide the building blocks for hormones and enzymes my body needs,
- And much, much more!
Making eggs in the morning, however, is just not an option. I, personally, don’t have to patience when I wake up hangry or am rushing to get to work after a morning workout to make an omelet or scrambled eggs. And sorry, but hard boiled eggs just don’t do it for me (albeit a great option if you like them!).
That’s why I made and shared my 3-Ingredient Frittata a couple of months ago. You can make it once early in the week and then have a portion every morning for an easy protein source. But sometimes having a cute little muffin is so much more fun…
I now make these every week as part of my go-to food prep. Just look how often I eat them on my Instagram! I made these several times in a tin muffin pan, but half of my egg muffins stuck to the pan. I quickly ordered these silicone muffin tins on Amazon (affiliate link) and they just pop out with a tiny spray of oil (I use my Misto so I get to choose what oil I use).
Taking just 30 minutes on Sunday to have a delicious and nutritious breakfast that’s satisfying is soooo worth it to help you feel your best!
These 2-Ingredient Egg Muffins are…
- Easy to whip up
- Made with only 2 ingredients!
- Perfectly portioned to grab and go
- Customizable with any veggies you have on hand
- Inexpensive to make
- 1 16 oz carton of organic egg whites (or 8 whole eggs)
- 1 10 oz package frozen spinach, thawed with excess water drained
- Spices of your choice (I recommend salt and pepper, turmeric, oregano or garlic powder)
- Oil for coating muffin tin
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a silicone muffin tin with oil or nonstick spray, so well coated.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together egg whites with spinach. Add desired spices.
- Pour egg mixture into muffin tin cups, almost to the top. You should be able to make 12 muffins.
- Bake at 350°F for about 22-25 minutes, or until eggs are completely set.
- Let cool and remove from tins.
- To reheat, you can microwave for about 30 seconds.
Don’t forget to PIN IT…
Hope you have an egg-cellent week!
If you want to stay connected or you make something from C it Nutritionally I would LOVE to see your creations! Tag me or use the hashtag #CitNutritionally!
Let’s get social!