You know when you have lots of stuff in the fridge but you’re not too sure what to do with it?
Maybe it’s after a big holiday dinner but you don’t feel like eating your leftovers the same way…
Well I have your solution…make a CONFETTI SALAD!!!!
This is a free-for-all type of recipe…There are NO RULES….take a little of this and a little of that and make something *SPECTACULAR*!
I dumped leftovers from my fridge into a bowl one day for lunch and LOVED my creation so I had to share! I wasn’t hoping for a great recipe to post, but created the perfect combination of flavors for a lovely lunch and thought you should know about it! There’s sweetness, with tang, and some cooling flavors (cucumbers, hello!), so your palate won’t be too overwhelmed with so much going on!
PLUS, this includes so many veggies you’ll be boosting your immune system (vitamin C, E) and fighting inflammation (so many antioxidants) while enjoying a satisfying (carbs are included!) mid-day meal! (Because let’s face it, if we’re not satisfied at lunch we’ll be snacking all afternoon and our waistlines won’t like us!)
Happy Meatless Monday!
Ingredients. Have fun and add what you like….this is just what I had on hand!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (or your favorite ancient grain)
- 1 cup cucumbers, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 roasted bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ red onion, chopped
- ½ cup tomatoes, diced
- ½ roasted sweet potato, cut into chunks
- 1 pickle, chopped
- 2 olives, chopped (more if you love the flavor…I, personally, only like a hint)
- ½ cup canned corn (in water), drained
- ½ cup edamame (fresh or frozen & thawed)
- ½ cup white (cannelloni) beans (or your favorite variety)
- Other suggestions: Hearts of palm, artichokes, roasted butternut squash, shredded carrots, avocado
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Dash salt
- Dash red pepper flakes (optional)
Directions: Combine all ingredients and try to refrigerate for 1 hour before enjoying!