Use a handful of ingredients you likely have in your fridge, wrap up a deliciously nutritious lunch with these Easy Collard Wraps… leftovers included!
Gluten Free, Grain Free, High Protein
Last week, I spent a lot of time thinking about my health. If you follow me on Instagram, then you know I drove down to Maryland with my parents for my annual health check up at the National Institutes of Health. Although I’m in great health now, it wasn’t always the case (more on my health journey coming soon).
I used to take my health for granted, and it wasn’t until after experiencing some of my own health struggles that I realized the value of being healthy. Which is part of the reason I became a dietitian in the first place – to help others get and stay healthy through food!
But when life gets busy, it can be hard to put yourself – and your health – first. Knowing how to anticipate your busy weeks and plan ahead can help your energy levels soar, make nourishing eating easier, and eliminate stress over deciding what you’re eating for lunch and dinner.
But what should you make?
Especially because you can mix and match when it comes time for lunch. Like with these Easy Collard Wraps…
Well guys, you’re in luck, because it doesn’t get any easier than these Easy Collard Wraps!
Here’s all you have to do…
- Choose a bunch of large collard greens at the supermarket.
- Stuff ’em with leftover protein and veggies (I have a few ideas below…).
- And wrap it up!
My favorite part about these easy collard wraps is that you can use ANYTHING you have in the fridge…
Leftover shrimp primavera with veggie noodles…
Tuna salad with roasted carrots and sliced tomatoes…
Leftover spaghetti squash with shrimp and avocado…
These Easy Collard Wraps are…
- Easy to make in minutes
- Made with just a few ingredients
- An energy-boosting lunch
- A real food recipe!
Now this is an energizing lunch you’ll want to add to your rotation…
- 1 bunch of collard greens (about 5-6 large leaves)
- Tuna salad
- Leftover sheet pan shrimp
- Leftover salmon
- Leftover tofu stir fry
- Spaghetti squash
- Zoodles (spiralized zucchini)
- Bell pepper strips
- Shredded lettuce
- Roasted carrots
- Avocado or guacamole
- Tomato sauce
- Any salad dressing
- Separate your greens and carefully shave down the spine on the back of each leaf using a small sharp knife.
- Fill each wrap with 1 protein, at least 1 veggie, and 1 fat or sauce. Get creative!
- To fold each wrap, fold in the top and bottom of the leaf, then roll it up. Place seam-side down on your plate to stay secure. Enjoy!
- Leftover shrimp + spaghetti squash + avocado + salsa
- Leftover shrimp + zoodles + tomato sauce
- Tuna salad + roasted carrots + sliced tomato
- Leftover stir fry veggies with tofu
Don’t forget to PIN IT…
And some words to leave you with today…
“The time is always right to do what is right.” -MLK Jr.
If you want to stay connected or you make something from C it Nutritionally I would LOVE to see your creations! Tag me or use the hashtag #CitNutritionally!