Fudgy, gooey chocolatey brownies are a family favorite and now everyone in your family can healthfully enjoy the chocolatey goodness with these Grain Free Fudgy Avocado Brownies!
Nut free, Peanut free, Egg free, Gluten free, Dairy free
Can I offer you a brownie??
A grain free fudgy avocado brownie that is absolutely dreamy and delicious and chocolatey and oh em geeee you may want to eat the entire pan in one sitting GOOD?!
Oh and did I mention packed with protein and fiber too?
These Grain Free Fudgy Avocado Brownies are not just healthy-ish (which like, GREAT, but they’re brownies so they should also be absolutely DELICIOUS) but they taste like a bite of heaven and NO ONE KNEW THEY WERE HEALTHY-ISH!!!
I love it when I can offer my friends baked goods and no one blinks twice that there’s a ‘healthy’ component to ’em! And then I can #nutritionnerd out and share all the nutritiousness that is contained within the deliciousness.
Because I definitely don’t believe in healthier treats that taste like cardboard. No way Jose!
Why am I so freakin’ obsessed with these babies?! Check out all of these awesome ingredients…
- Coconut flour — This grain free alternative is high in fiber and friendly for most people with food allergies. Although the Food and Drug Administration considers coconut a tree nut, many people with allergies to tree nuts can tolerate coconut.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder — Did you know that cocoa powder is loaded with antioxidants?? We’re talking the super phytochemicals that fight free radicals and inflammation in your body. I add unsweetened cocoa powder to my smoothies daily, but a brownie is even better! Or a brownie bowl for breakfast?
- Vital Proteins Marine Collagen — I’m OBSESSED with this stuff! My nails grow like weeds, my hair is so shiny and it’s totally tasteless (trust me, I was SHOCKED!) so you can put it in anything! If you follow me on Instagram then you know I’m a huge fan and use marine collagen daily (and even packed the packets on my trip to Israel!).
Collagen is a connective tissue protein found in skin, bones, cartilage, and ligaments. Studies show that marine collagen peptides can actually protect against the aging process by keeping your skin youthful and your joints healthy, improve the activity of antioxidants and act as a good protein source. I’m typically not one to use protein supplements but I think marine collagen is an excellent way to boost your nutrition and reap some pretty awesome benefits at the same time!
You can find out more about Vital Proteins Marine Collagen here.
- Avocado — DUH, these are AVOCADO brownies!! Most of the fat in this recipe comes from heart-healthy fat found in avocados, which makes these brownies fudgy and creamy and absolutely freakin’ delicious!
- If you’re not a fan of avocado (I don’t think I know you!) I PROMISE these brownies do not taste like guacamole!
- Date Sugar — I chose to use some date sugar in this recipe (just 3 tablespoons total!) to provide an additional boost of sweetness. Date sugar is about as pure and “natural” (even though “natural” has no true meaning!) as sugar forms come because it’s just dried dates ground into sugar consistency. I use date sugar or medjool dates to sweeten many recipes (like these muffins) and think it works like a charm!
Dontcha just want to grab that one right off the top?!
Let’s make these Grain Free Fudgy Avocado Brownies…
- 3 tablespoons date sugar (or coconut sugar or brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 scoops Vital Proteins Marine Collagen
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large avocado, about 1 cup cubed
- 1/2 cup milk (I used unsweetened coconut milk, but any milk or milk alternative should suffice)
- 1/4 cup coffee
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life brand)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8x8 baking dish with nonstick oil spray and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together date sugar, coconut flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, Vital Proteins marine collagen, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a high powered blender or food processor blend avocado, milk, coffee, applesauce, pure vanilla extract, and coconut oil until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth. You may need to pause to scrape down the sides of your blender or food processor bowl and continue until all ingredients are of uniform consistency.
- Transfer the contents of the blender/food processor bowl back to the medium-sized bowl and fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the baking dish lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes. Allow to cool completely before serving and/or adding chocolate drizzle.
- Combine chocolate chips with coconut oil in a small bowl.
- Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until chocolate is smooth and completely melted.
- Drizzle on top of brownies. Let completely harden before cutting and serving.
-Brownies are best stored in the refrigerator. Brownies will stay fresh for 4 days. -You may use 1/2 cup applesauce and eliminate the oil.
Nutrition Facts (per brownie): 123 calories, 9g fat, 170 mg sodium, 11g carbohydrates, 4g fiber, 3g protein
Don’t forget to PIN IT…
Now how’s that for a deliciously nutritious Monday?!
Happy brownie baking!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Vital Proteins, however, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make C it Nutritionally possible.