For the perfect light bite, appetizer, lunch or snack, my Mango, Cucumber and Zucchini Summer Rolls are the perfect combination of sweet and savory, with a crunch!
I’ve been meaning to post a summer roll recipe for a while now, and obviously I’m juuuusttt getting around to posting this after the unofficial end to summer…but that’s just as delicious because it’s been 90 degrees in New York and not turning on the oven is where it’s at!
These Mango, Cucumber and Zucchini Summer Rolls make a great snack, lunch, appetizer and anytime light bite and they are SO easy to make (the best part if you ask me!).
The combination of mango, cucumber and zucchini is a sweet and refreshing combination, because staying hydrated is of the utmost importance always, but especially when you’re battling the heat and humidity! You can totally change up the combo of veggies you have in here, but I just love the simplicity and slight tropical feel of the mango. Or you can add some lean protein, like tofu or shrimp and turn these babies into a complete meal. Aaaand, using brown rice wrappers bumps up the fiber even more (they may be hard to find, but you can order them online here).
These Mango, Cucumber and Zucchini Summer Rolls are…
- Fun to make (get your kiddos involved too!)
- A great light bite
- Vegan and gluten free, nut free & sesame free
For the perfect light bite, appetizer, lunch or snack, my Mango, Cucumber & Zucchini Summer Rolls are the perfect combination of sweet and savory, with a crunch!
- 4 brown rice paper wrappers
- 1/3 mango, thinly sliced (julienned)
- 2 pickling or mini cucumbers, julienned
- ½ zucchini, julienned
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed butter with no added sugar (peanut butter and almond butter will work too)
- ¼ teaspoon tomato paste
- Pinch of cayenne/chili powder (more to taste)
- Prepare all vegetables as described in the ingredient list above.
- Fill a shallow pan with warm water. Place one rice paper wrapper in the water until it softens, about 10-15 seconds. Remove from the water and place on cutting board.
- Add vegetables and mango to the center of the rice paper wrapper and roll, as you would a burrito (fold in the sides first, and then roll).
- Continue until all ingredients are used.
- In a small bowl mix together all dipping sauce ingredients. Taste, adjust spices to preference.
Have you ever made summer rolls before?
Now drop, lock & rolllll…