My Nut Free Decadent Superfood Chocolate Truffles are full of nourishing ingredients, contain minimal added sugar and SO easy to whip up, but are a delicious, decadent bite of chocolate heaven! Your last minute homemade holiday gift prayers have been answered!
Vegan. Nut free. Grain free. Gluten free.
Guys, don’t worry. I have your back! Did you forget someone on your holiday list? Don’t know what to bring for your Christmas or Chanukah gathering?
Well, if you’re looking for an inexpensive, but decadent, last minute gift for ANYONE in your life, I gotchu.
AND it’s full of SUPERFOODS. As in foods that will make you feel super. As in foods that are super FOR you. As in these decadent superfood chocolate truffles that will make you go goo goo gah gah and not feel bad about it. Although, you should never feel bad about eating ANYTHING. Just my opinion.
Can you guess what’s in these creamy and dreamy bites of deliciousness?!
Come on, try!
Try harder! I played the guessing game with S when he came home from work the other night and he couldn’t quiiiiitee hit the nail on the head, which was totally amaze-balls in my opinion…
Because these little bites of chocolatey heaven taste THAT GOOD!
OK, ready?! The center of these uber creamy truffles are made from AVOCADO + BLACK BEANS!
Yup. Can you believe it?! ((NOO!!)) Can you taste it? ((NOOOOPEE!!)) Like I said, amaze-balls!
These Nut Free Decadent Superfood Chocolate Truffles are…
- Loaded with good for you nutrients — helloooo protein, fiber and healthy fats!
- Made with only 6 ingredients and take less than 20 minutes to make!
- Almost added sugar-free ((ok, ok, except for some chocolate…but it’s dark chocolate so it’s better for you!))
- Free of all top 8 major allergens*. Yipppeee!
- 100% grain free and gluten free, but loaded with FLAVOR!
- A great homemade gift, at an affordable price.
- My LAST new recipe of 2016!
*The FDA considers coconut a tree nut. This recipe does contain coconut oil, but you may substitute another mild vegetable oil (such as sunflower seed oil), if desired.
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed, drained and patted dry
- 1 ripe medium avocado
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Sea salt for dusting on top
- In a food processor, pulse to combine black beans, avocado, cocoa powder and vanilla extract until mostly smooth.
- Melt chocolate chips with coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl in 30 second intervals until smooth, stirring gently in between.
- Add melted chocolate to the food processor and continue to pulse until combined.
- Transfer this batter to a bowl, cover and place in the freezer for about 10 minutes or until the batter firms up a bit to handle (ie: until you can roll into truffles).
- Roll about 1-2 tablespoons of batter into 1-inch balls and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat until all batter is used. Place this baking sheet in the freezer or refrigerator while you melt chocolate for coating.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil for the coating in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals until smooth.
- Dip each ball into the chocolate and place back on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt and other desired toppings (ie: shredded coconut, nonpareils, etc.). Repeat until all balls are coated in chocolate. Return the tray to the freezer until the chocolate hardens, about 5 minutes. Enjoy!
Note: Truffles are best stored in the refrigerator or freezer.
Wallet friendly. DELICIOUS. SO easy to make…what more could you want for my last new recipe of 2016?! Stay tuned for some exciting stuff coming atchu next week! To make sure you don’t miss a beat, sign up for my newsletter here!
Wishing you the warmest happy holidays to you and your family!