Full of flavor in every bite, these Grain Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins are the perfect addition to your brunch table, as a healthier after school snack, or even for a pre-workout burst of energy! Free of the top 8 allergens.
Vegan. Dairy free. Egg free. Soy free. Nut free. Gluten free. Grain free.
When you’re craving a moist banana muffin but don’t want all the calories of your favorite coffee shop treat, what do you do?! You make your own!
Although I rarely buy baked goods from coffee shops or really anywhere (helloooo food allergies), I still crave a good muff every once in awhile. And I like to satisfy my cravings with nourishing foods so I feel almost compelled to healthify every recipe I see.
BUT I also want my food to taste good. Because my taste buds are very important to me!
So I adapted my Vegan Banana Bread Muffins with no added sugar to be grain free too. Not because I think grains are unhealthy (they’re full of good stuff!), but so that people who are gluten sensitive can also enjoy the flavors in these delicious muffins!
These Grain Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins are….
- Free of all top 8 allergens
- Made in one bowl
- Almost 100% added sugar free
- Made with no fancy equipment
- Made with many ingredients you likely have in your home
So what are we waiting for?! Let’s bake!
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 3 VERY ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons date sugar
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (more for sprinkling on top)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine flaxseeds with 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl and mix together to create your “flax eggs.” Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas, then add sunflower seed butter, coconut oil, vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar and date sugar. Mix together to combine. Add flax eggs and mix together again.
- Add coconut flour, salt and cinnamon and mix just until combined, being careful not to overmix!
- Gently fold in chocolate chips and divide batter evenly among 12 lined muffin cups. Muffin cups should be filled about three-quarters of the way full.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes, or until edges just begin to brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in the muffin tin and then enjoy!
- Muffins should freeze well wrapped well and stored in an airtight container for about 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (for 1 muffin) 152 calories, 10g fat, 100mg sodium, 17g carbohydrates, 3.5g fiber, 4g protein
Don’t forget to PIN IT…
Now you can say you know the muffin
Happy early Valentine’s Day my loves!!!