With less than 100 calories, 2.5 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber in each bite, these ((healthy)) gingerbread cookie energy bites will become your new go-to holiday snack…perfect to throw in your bag for a last minute shopping trip, a long flight (road trip or train ride) or pre-workout fuel. Happy holidays!
When we wake up in the post-Thanksgiving food coma, it means HOLIDAY TIME 24/7!!! I don’t know about you, but to me it means non-stop Christmas tunes (I don’t even celebrate Christmas, but will never turn down a jolly ho-ho-holiday tune), sparkly lights and store decorations everywhere, my birthday season (woo hoo!), and shopping, shopping, shopping!
So in between all those shopping trips I know you’re going to need a ((healthy)) boost of energy that does not include some meh cookie at the mall that is SO not worth it!
So how have I come to rescue your snacking needs?!
With my Healthy Gingerbread Cookie Energy Bites!
Enjoy the seasonal flavors in these bites that are…
- Only 100 calories a pop!
- Contain 3 grams of fiber and 2.5 grams of protein
- Gluten free
- Nut free and peanut free!
- Perfect for on the go traveling, shopping, finals studying, and pre-/post-workout needs.
And now you can watch how to make ’em…
- 10 pitted medjool dates, soaked in water if not soft
- 2/3 cup quick oats
- 2/3 cup ground flaxseed
- 2/3 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Generous pinch of cloves
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- Optional: Pinch of salt
- In a small bowl, soak medjool dates for a few minutes if not soft. Drain and discard water prior to use.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients. Process until mixture comes together to one ball. You may have to stop and scrape the sides along the way, then continue to process.
- Remove dough from the processor and form into 1-inch balls (a little less than 1 tablespoon each). Store bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks (but I doubt they’ll last that long!).
Nutrition Facts (per 18 bites): 97 calories, 3.25g fat, 1.1mg sodium, 16.25g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 2.5g protein
Here are some things you may need to make this recipe…
Let the holiday season commence!!!