Celebrate #TacoTuesday (tomorrow) with my latest obsession – Tofu Tacos wrapped in a lettuce cup shell! Packed with protein, full of flavor, and all made in under 20 minutes!
Heyyyaa friends! Did you have a great Christmas weekend? I don’t celebrate the holiday, but I sure ate like I did! I celebrated as Jews of the world do – Chinese food and a movie — and then attended a holiday party!
So lettuce all get back on the healthy eating track with some crunch and munch all from leftovers!
When I made my Tofu and Spinach Enchiladas last week, little did I know how obsessed I would become with this basic beyond basic recipe. While my enchiladas were cooking, I still had all of this leftover tofu taco “meat” that I wanted to stuff in my face ASAP! What was a girl to do?!
I whipped out some romaine lettuce I had laying around and got stuffin’! I realized that without trying I created a recipe that pulls double duty! Whether you’re busy entertaining family during the holidays or looking for the perfect healthy recipe to kick off the New Year, these tofu tacos are the BEST way to celebrate #TacoTuesday!
So what are you waiting for? Let’s cook!
- Tofu Taco “meat” (get the recipe here: http://citnutritionally.com/tofu-and-spinach-enchiladas/)
- 2 heads romaine lettuce (or boston lettuce, cabbage leaves)
- Toppings of choice: Salsa (jarred or homemade), Avocado, Plain Greek yogurt (instead of sour cream)
- Prepare the tofu taco “meat” as detailed here (http://citnutritionally.com/tofu-and-spinach-enchiladas/).
- Cut off the bottom of the heads of romaine and separate leaves carefully.
- Stuff the leaves with prepared taco “meat” and top with your favorite taco toppings – avocado/guacamole, salsa, sour cream/Greek yogurt, shredded cheese…the options are endless! Enjoy!